Google the king of internet applications has now shifted its focus of attention towards the hardware market and it also aims to rule it like the internet. Some months ago it has been rumored that Google is planning to come into the Smartphone industry and the New Year made this news official and finally after lots of rumors Google announced that they are developing a Smartphone ‘the Nexus One’. The first ever Smartphone coming from the panel Google as announced will show itself as the biggest blaster of 2010. The UK market will be the first one to be experimented for this Smartphone and the Nexus one will reach them within weeks, the other countries of the world will drag this phone in hands in some coming months.
While coming to the capabilities of this phone Google is proud to show their phone as the toughest competitor of Apple iPhone which has ruled the mobile market for many years. Earlier we were very happy with the phones that have pre-loaded Google applications but now think of the phone which is fully developed by Google what diversity of applications it’ll give is just more than your imagination. The overall look of this phone is more similar to iPhone than any other phone in the market and as according to Google the features are also much more like iPhone. As this mobile has not reached the world practically but I am going to review it on the basis of Google’s reports and Demos about this new Smartphone so first of all let’s see what would be the features that it will give to its users.
- Specification wise it is almost similar to HTC HD2 but its screen size is a bit smaller and the RAM of Nexus one is 512 Mb as compared to the HD2’s RAM that is 448MB.
- The AMOLED screen is quite better in brightness and clarity as compared to the other Smartphones available in the international markets and the resolution of screen 480x 800 that might be slightly less than some latest Smartphones like Motorola Droid.
- The touch screen keyboard is almost similar to that of the iPhone’s and as claimed the typing would be further facilitated with the portrait and Landscape mode which will ensure comfort for the users.
- The phone is slightly lighter than iPhone with a weight of 130 grams and the full package will come with a removable battery, 4GB Micro SD storage card, USB charger and microphone headset.
- With a 1GHz CPU and 512MB RAM it will be the speediest Smartphone ever seen and thus it will provide fastest multi tasking ever seen.
- The design has been beautified with 4 functional touch buttons at the bottom of the screen and a navigation trackball pointing device.
- Height: 119mm
- Width: 59.8mm
- Depth: 11.5mm
- 130 grams w/battery
- 100g w/o battery
- Display: 3.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touch screen
- Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
- Camera: 5 megapixel, 2X Zoom and LED flash
- Talk time:
- Up to 10 hours on 2G
- Up to 7 hours on 3G
- Standby time:
- Up to 290 hours on 2G
- Up to 250 hours on 3G
- 512MB Flash
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB Micro SD Card (Expandable to 32 GB)
- Processor: Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz
- Operating system: Android Mobile Technology Platform 2.1 (Eclair)
This is thus a very fastest Smartphone to be coming within few weeks in UK and the specifications and functionalities are just awesome and the launches will surely gives a strong place to Google in the internet mobile market.