Mobile World Congress is always the much awaited event of the year and this year MWC entertained a record-breaking visitors-100,000. This figure is 6 times greater as compared to visitors of last year (not a big surprise as mobile users are increasing at a very fast pace all over the world and so the mobile industry). Growing interest of people in the mobile industry has induced the mobile manufacturers to embed state-of-the-art features in mobiles and competition bar has also been raised for sure.
CEO of GSMA John Hoffman said, “Mobile World Congress hit a significant milestone in 2016 as visitors to the event surpassed 100,000 for the first time. This year’s Mobile World Congress incorporated a diverse range of events, spanning multiple sectors and interests, reflecting the expanding role of mobile around the world. We once again enjoyed a tremendously stimulating show, featuring a world-class speaker line-up and a range of cutting-edge product launches that will set the tone for the mobile industry for the remainder of the year and beyond.”
Highlights of The Mobile World Congress 2016
- People from 204 countries came to attend the Mobile World Congress 2016 held in Barcelona.
- Above 2200 companies participated in MWC 2016 and introduced their products loaded with best technological features.
- Above 3600 persons from the media/analysts (international) covered the event.
- The Mobile World Conference is the biggest source of attraction for mobile operators, IT and software companies. Representative from all over the world come to attend this mega event that usually lasts for 4 days.
- The 2016 Mobile World Conference is based on 12 keynote sessions of CEOs and executive personnel of world renowned companies.
- GSMA innovation city is always the main source of attraction for the visitors and this year above 28,000 people visit the innovation city organized by GSMA. The GSMA innovation City presented different mobile connected products with the assistance of GMA, AT&T and KT (the official partners).
2017 Mobile World Congress will be organized in Fira Gran Via from 27th February-2nd March 2017.