Top SD Camcorders
One of the fastest growing areas of the camcorder market is models that use removable flash memory cards to store video footage. For quite a long time camcorders have used flash memory cards slots for saving still photos but this year and the last one has brought out a vast change in this technology now they’ve started using flash memory cards to replace tape, DVD and hard drives as the main storage medium in a camcorder. Now most of the camcorder manufacturers have uses SD (secure digital) and Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) for their flash memory card-based camcorders. The top 5 camcorders and their specifications are discussed below.
Performance: Imagine an optical zoom of about 70 x, what could be left unseen. SDR-H90 is giving its record breaking performance through the water proof performance; auto correction process which works up to 4000 times in a second meaning there is no chance of making any error and no need to stand like a statue to record a video. You’ll defiantly go to love the extra ordinary features and large amount of storage. You must be amazed to further see the specifications.
- Image Sensor: 1/8″ CCD
- Total Pixels: 0.8 megapixels
- Optical Zoom: 70x
- Digital Zoom: 70x-100x, Super Digital Zoom ; 70x-3500x
- Filter Diameter:37mm
- Monitor (LCD):2.7″ Wide LCD ( 123,200 pixels) Shutter Speed
- Motion Image: 1/25-1/8000
- Still Image: 1/25-1/500
- Recording Mode: XP (10Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 576) / SP (5Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 576) / LP (2.5Mbps / VBR) , (704 x 576)
- Audio Recording System: HDD ; Dolby Digital (2ch) SD Card ; Dolby Digital (2ch) , MPEG1 AudioLayer 2
Other accessories are AC adapter, AC cable, USB cable, rechargeable battery pack and many more.
Performance: The best feature in this camcorder is its light weight and small size so very easy to carry in your pocket or bag. Its 60x optical zoom will make you feel closer than ever before it’s much like packing a telescope with your camcorder. The super smart microphone zoom will get you closer to your object and you will not get distracted by the off-camera noises. You can have fun with the collection of your videos and the videos stored can be quickly and easily burned into a DVD.
It lacks: the standard of def image quality is not up to the mark.
- Sensor (in pixels): 1/6″ CCD 800,000 pixels
- Media: 60 GB hard drive
- LCD Screen: 2.7″ (6.9 cm)
- Optical Zoom: 35x
- Digital Zoom: 800x
- Maximum resolution on memory card (in pixels): 832×624, 640×480, 640×360
- Clear LCD Monitor: 2.7″ wide, 123k-pixel
- Storage Media: 1.8″ Hard Disk Drive (60GB), microSD Memory Card
- Zoom Ratio: Optical35x
- Zoom Ratio: Digital (max.)800x
Provided accessories are AC adapter, Battery Pack, AV cable, USB cable and more.
Performance: It provides a high quality image through its high resolution HD camera. Its instant AF system achieves incredibly accurate focus at speed no matter how many times the camera shakes you’ll surely get the exact image. Capture and monitor superior audio using the microphone and headphone jacks. Manual audio level control provides even more options. You can also attach a range of optional peripherals to a mini Advanced Accessory Shoe, including a directional microphone and video light.
It lacks: Its picture definitions looks a little compressed.
- Digital Zoom: 60x
- Sensor: C-MOS Sensor, 1/2.5 Inch, Approx. 9.02 Megapixels
- Lens: f=6.3 – 31.7mm F=3.5 (wide) -4.7 (Tele) Auto Focus 8 Groups, 11 Elements (3 Aspheric Elements, 5 Aspheric Surfaces)
- LCD monitor: 2.5 Inch Low-Temperature Polysilicon TFT Colour Widescreen LCD Approx. 150,000 Pixels (7-Level Brightness, 285-Degree Rotation)
- Weight: Approx. 230g
- Operating environment: Temperature 0-40˚C, Humidity 30-90% (Non-Condensing)
- Exposure correction: ±1.8EV (in 0.3EV Steps)
- Other functions: Red-Eye Correction in Photos/Contrast Correction in Photos/Wind Noise Reduction
Other accessories/connections included AC connection , USB port and others