The Microsoft has announced the release of a new version of Office called ‘Microsoft Office 2010’ which is considered to be a good one for the business small size and midsized companies and it is coming with some more enhancements for businesses that have not been seen in Microsoft office 2003 and 2007. A report from the forrester entitled that “A Glimpse at the Best and Worst of Office 2010“. The suggested pros and Cons of MS Office 2010 have been discussed below and their association is mainly with the businesses not the individual users. So let’s have a look.
It uses a Share point workspace for editing and sharing the Share point content both online and offline which vanishes the security fears of an enterprise by making the office web applications available privately as part of company’s license agreement.
- There were seven total edition of office 2010 but for the convenience of users Microsoft has reduced the number to just two editions; the standard and a professional one which is half as many as the office 2007.
- It has brought more enhancements in the interface, according to the Forrester reports the user interface will have more command options in the backstage view and a new feature called Sparklines have been introduced for Excel that provides bars and line graphs next to data
- It has been pointed out by Forrester that the Active X controls and Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) that were written for the 32-bit version of MS office will not work in the office 2010. To resolve this issue a special ads on is required to install the 32-bit version of office 2007.
- For the developer the VBA (visual basic application) has been updated for the 64 bit version and those companies who were working on the earlier version of VBA will now be required to update their programming code in order to cope with the new 64 bit version.
- Forrester also predicts that Microsoft will refine these new collaboration tools in SharePoint and Outlook and this kind of technology integration may appear a little clunky.
So these were some factors which discussed the good and bad factors for the MS office 2010 which is considered to be ideal for the businesses.