Hyped as the ultimate 3D entertainment laptop, Sony Vaio F series is the first 3D laptop to include an innovative technology called TransferJet, which allows users to move photos from select cameras by merely placing them on the laptop’s palm rest. Some of its features are:
Sony VAIO F Series Hardware Features
The notebook has a matte lid which is embossed with the VAIO logo, and a matching chassis underneath, complete with a delicately textured palm rest.
At 6.4 lbs Vaio F laptop is light enough to carry around the house with ease.
Sony Vaio F laptop offers 16.0″ Full HD 3D LED widescreen backlit display that works with the active shutter glasses. It features ultra-high contrast ratio, fastest response time and high-speed refresh rate with a screen resolution of 1600 x 900. It uses Frame Sequential Technology that displays Full HD (1920×1080) 3D images at up to 240fps (frames per second).
Standard Lithium-ion battery is used but low battery life is one of the shortcomings.
F series laptop gives best performance with Intel Quad Core i7-2630 QM processor and a cache of 6MB. The processor speed is 1.73GHz, with Turbo Boost Technology which maximizes up to 2.93GHz.
HD web camera is powered by Exmor. It has built-in MOTION EYE camera which allows you to web chat with your colleagues, family and friends anywhere around the world.
Backlit QWERTY Keyboard with 103 illuminating keys, 2.0mm stroke and 19.05mm pitch allows you to work on your laptop in light or dark.
It has an installed Memory of 4GB (2GBx2).
8. Optical Drive
Sony VAIO F laptop features
- CD Support : Read / Write (CD/-R/-RW)
- DVD Support : Read / Write (DVD±R/±RW/±R DL/-RAM)
- Optical Drive Support – Blu-ray Disc™ : Read Only (BD-ROM)
- VAIO F Series Software Features
Sony Vaio F gives you 3D multimedia experience with NVIDIA GeForce GT540M graphics and DirectX 11 support. You can convert 2D HD video and DVD/BD to 3D in real time with the push of a button. It uses 1GB of dedicated video RAM.
Two built-in bass-reflex speakers boost the sound using Sony’s S-Force Front Surround 3D technology which creates a ‘virtual’ 5.1 effect. Alternatively, users can get cinema-style sound via headphones, thanks to Dolby’s Home Theatre mode.
3. Network Connectivity
- It offers worldwide network connectivity with
- Bluetooth Technology : Bluetooth Integrated Stereo A2DP (2.1 + EDR)
- Ethernet Protocol : 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T
- WiFi Adapter : Atheros 802.11b/g/n
The laptop can play games especially among other i7 laptops – and the numeric keypad makes it great for keyboard/mouse gamers.
Sony VAIO F Series Additional Features
1. Adobe Creative Software:
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0 make your photos look extraordinary, fix red eye problem, and easily manage and protect all your photos and video clips.
- Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 can turn your home videos into professional-looking movies complete with customized effects, soundtracks and more.
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 9.0 helps to create PDF documents, organize content in a single PDF file, quickly create and distribute forms, and share documents more securely.
2. Supplied Software
Microsoft Office Starter with reduced-functionality versions of Word and Excel, VAIO Care, Media Gallery, PMB – VAIO Edition and Norton Internet Security 2010 30-Day Trial Offer is available.
The 3d laptop will be available next month for pre-orders Starting at $1,700, If you’re looking for a stable, strong laptop for a student or someone who just wants a 3D experience, this is an interesting consideration .