Series Highlights: 10.2 Megapixels, Powerful BIONZ image processing engine, 9-point autofocus, 2.7” clear photo LCD monitor.
Bottom Line and Features:
• Quick AF Live View freestyle shooting with true SR-class auto focusing. Pentamirror tilt mechanism enables TTL (Through-the-lens) phase detection auto focusing during the live view operation.
• 9-point auto focus system with continuous auto focusing helps you capture fast-moving object.
• The variable angle clear photo LCD for freestyle shooting ease.
• Real-time image adjustment display let the live view even confirm the exposure and white balance adjustments on the clear photo LCD monitor in real time.
• Smart Teleconverter button on the back of the camera is used to instantly apply zoom for scaling without reducing the image quality.
• Advanced Super Steady Shot image stabilization system helps prevent blurring caused by shaking of the camera.
• Anti-dust protection for cleaner image employs built in systems to keep the sensor clean and your images beautiful.
• A 10.2 megapixels CCD sensor for beautiful, high definition imaging. It has a larger photosensitive element that enables you to capture more image data per pixel. As a result you will get a richer color and a wider dynamic range for excellent shadow and highlight detail.
• Powerful BIONZ image processing engine for vibrant colors and rich tonal details.
• ISO3200 sensitivity setting for low light shooting. The BIONZ engine assures the highest possible image quality by applying high ISO noise reduction immediately before each image is processed.
• D-Range optimizer helps ensure beautifully balanced exposures in backlit situations. It can be used in all image formats and in all metering modes.
• It features 3 frame-per-second continuous shooting which is just great for sports and action sequences.
• There is a built-in auto pop-up flash which pops up whenever it is needed to provide additional illumination.
• New menu lists for fast and easy way to get to frequently used functions without having to navigate through multi-level menus.
• 2.7-inch clear Photo LCD monitor for on the spot image review. Detailed shooting information and histogram index can also be displayed for on the spot confirmation of exposure balance and color distribution.
• 16:9 aspect ratios enable you to view dramatic slideshows on a widescreen HDTV.
Power pack: One Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-FM500H
• NP-FM55H for DSLR –A100 is not usable.
Battery performance: Approx. 730 Shots with view finder, approx. 410 shots in live view mode (both measured using CIPA standards).
External power source: AC Adapter/ Charger AC-VQ 900AM (optional).
Supported OS Environments
Windows: Windows 2000 Professional/ XP Home edition/ XP Professional/ Vista Business/ Vista Home Basic/ Vista Home Premium/ Vista Enterprise
Macintosh: Mac OC X (v. 10.13 or later)
PC Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (Mass Storage, PTP)
Video output: NTSC/ PAL Selectable
Unique Selling Points:
Maximum megapixels- 10.2
BIONZ image processing engine for vibrant colors with rich tonal detail
Dynamic Range Optimizer for superior exposure balance.
2.7-inch clear photo LCD display
Compatible Accessories & Extras:
Macro Flash and Light
Carl Zeiss T* Filters
Battery and charger