The digital camera and camcorder’s industry is progressing at a very good rate and all of the developments companies are trying to bring some very outclass technologies in their digital devices and Sanyo is one of the main contenders of the digital competition.
The Xacti models of Sanyo are famous of their technology and classifications and this hybrid range has long dared to different with its pistol grip styling and upright shooting. This camcorder is best for those who want to have both the camcorder and still camera on the holiday trips. The design of this beautiful camcorder is very awesome which sits comfortably in the palm and gives a high definition video in the standard AVC HD format.
The wide LCD screen also gives you one of the best viewing experiences while shooting and which is 3 inch and has a resolution of 230k dots thus makes the images clearer and sharper. The HD camcorder is becoming very common now days but the design of this camcorder is very unique and fantastic. If you want to get the full experience of sharp and clear videos with some fantastic capabilities of still photography than this camcorder has been designed especially for you.
- The best thing adding up to the beauty of this camcorder is the pistol-grip design that is more comfortable to use than most ultra compact camcorders.
- The stereo microphone has been placed on the back side of screen which do a very good job of picking up the audio and thus with the good resolution of video the audio results also make your memories more beautiful.
- This camcorder uses the advance MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression technology which produces video files that are very easy to handle on web or on your PC.
- The 10 megapixel camera gives you the still photographs which are no less than as captured from an advance digital camera and the quality of lens used plus the face chaser function (which can keep track of up to 12 faces) tends to give you that much sharp picture as you might experience from the high class digital camera.
- The size and style of this camcorder makes it highly portable, comfortable and stable while holding it in hands.
- The color and noise reduction technology gives you best results for shooting and capturing a photo even in the low light area.
- Photos: Approx. 10.0-Megapixels
- Videos: HD: Approx. 8.28-Megapixels / SD: Approx. 10.00-Megapixels
- Photo formats: JPEG (DCF*1, DPOF*2, Exif Ver2.2*3)
- Video formats: ISO standard MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (.MP4)
- Audio formats: 48kHZ sampling, 16bit, 2ch, AAC
- LCD monitor:
- 3.0 inch, Low-temperature polysilicon TFT color widescreen LCD display, Approx. 230,000 pixels
- (7-level brightness, 285 degrees rotation)
- 72.0 (W) x 112.8 (H) x 38.0 (D)mm (maximum dimensions, excluding protruding parts)
- Volume: Approx. 167cc
- Weight: Approx. 171g (main unit only), Approx. 188g (including battery, Approx. 15 g, and SD card, Approx. 2 g)
- Digital zoom: Shooting: 12x max., Playback 62.5x max. (12M mode, depending on the resolution)
- Battery: Lithium-ion battery x 1 (DB-L80 included: 700mAh)
Though the size and design seem a bit similar to some other digital camcorders but it features a plenty of things which are more than just good or bad. The interface is very easy to use and the image stabilization technologies gives you the results which you might not have experience with the camcorder of this price range.