Today, we will talk about a netbook instead of notebooks. Samsung N110 has taken after its predecessor the Samsung NC10. Ultra portability is what many people love, and this becomes the main reason behind their attraction towards the lightweight thin and cute netbooks. Firstly we should take a look at the specifications of this tiny computer.
- Dimensions: 10.27” x 1.19” x 7.3”
- Weight including standard battery: 0.83 lbs
- Processor: Intel Atom processor N270 / 1.6 GHz
- Data bus speed: 533 MHz
- Chipset type: Mobile Intel 945GSE Express
- RAM: 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3
- Graphics Processor: Intel 945GSE
- Graphics memory: 128 MB shared
- Hard drive: 160 GB – 5400 rpm
- Hard drive type: portable
- Optical storage: none
- Card reader: 3 in 1 card reader
- Supported flash memory cards: MultiMediaCard , SD Memory Card , SDHC Memory Card
- Display type: 10.1 in TFT active matrix
- Maximum resolution: 1024 x 600 ( WSVGA )
- Widescreen display
- Features of display: Glossy , LED-backlit
- Audio output type: Sound card
- Audio output compliant standards: High Definition Audio
- Audio input: microphone
- 1.3 MP integrated webcam
- input device type: Keyboard , Touchpad
- Communication: Wired Ethernet LAN: 10 / 100 BaseTX, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g
- Expansion interfaces: 1 x Display / video – VGA, 1 x Headphones – Output – Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm , 1 x Microphone – Input – Mini-phone 3.5 mm , Hi-Speed USB, 1 x Network – Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX – RJ-45
- Battery technology: 6-cell Lithium ion
- Software: Magic Doctor , McAfee VirusScan , Samsung Update Plus , Adobe Acrobat Reader , Samsung Easy Battery Manager , Samsung Easy Display Manager , Samsung Easy Network Manager , Samsung Easy Speed Up Manager , Samsung Recovery Solution III
- Price: $409.00 – $459.99 (subject to variation according to time an location)
There are some controversies regarding this netbook. Though it manages a 6 cell battery with light weight and slim built, and fixes the previous too small touchpad, it is still quite expensive at around $500 because the processor is none other than Intel Atom, RAM 1 GB and HDD 160 GB. There are many other mini laptops that provide the same features but are priced under $400, like Lenovo S10.
Clad in glossy black color and having a matte black interior, this netbook has a lid which is prone to smudges, smears and finger prints. The person would be a hero who could keep this netbook look clean for a whole day.
Keyboard consists of individual keys that are broader on the bottom and narrower on the top. There is a big Shift key on the right, and the touchpad is also bigger than the one in Samsung NC10. a scroll zone has also been defined on the right side vertically.
Screen has a display size of 10.1; quite okay but creates difficulty while reading documents or vertically long pages. Also, the glossy display is not s nice idea. Intel Atom performs well while multitasking. Running for almost 6 hours while constantly playing videos; is nothing less than wonderful battery life.
Product’s Unique Selling Points:
- Nice keyboard and touchpad
- Excellent battery life
- Fantastic software suite
- Glossy display
With fine features like webcam, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc and nice keyboard and touch pad; Samsung N110 is priced very high, and this is a drawback. On the other hand, this is really nice netbook with awesome battery life. Excellent battery life and ultra portability are the two things one needs form a netbook; N110 offers both.