The digital cameras industry is one of the most frequently rising industry of the world that is getting advance day by day and such exciting facilities have been provided to the latest cameras and camcorders that you might not have thought some years ago. Panasonic is one of the most active members of the digital camera industry and this year the company has provided many amazing digital cameras to the international markets. The LUMIX range by Panasonic is the most out-class series of digital cameras that has been recently adorned with some fantastic new members.
Here I am going to discuss the latest member of the 2010 LUMIX series ‘the DMC-G2R’ and this one has won the title of best digital camera of 2010 shortly after its release. This is an entirely new kind of camera that comes with a new touch screen system and it is also claimed to be the first camera of the world that is coming with touch controlled shooting. Some of the excitements that this camera carries with it include: 12.1MP interchangeable lens, 3.0inch touch LCD screen, dust reduction system, advance color temperature settings, microphone, speaker, HDMI and others. If you want to have some more details of the features present in this camera then just go through the section discussed below.
- The first and foremost exciting feature of this camera is the touch enabled LCD display that makes manual focusing much more like a fun. This camera is claimed to be the world’s first camera with touch control shooting and this capability has made handling of important controls quite easy.
- This camera also helps you in shooting the HD movies and also capturing the HD photos, thus for the quality of pictures or videos you should not worry as it the most efficient ever camera for storing your beautiful memories for future.
- It carries an amazing AF tracking facility which locks on some particular subject and follows it around, while following the subject, quality never gets affected as the camera keeps it in sharp focus and properly exposed.
- The 12.1Mp Live MOS sensor ensures perfect quality of images and lower power consumption thus along with giving you the perfect quality of images and videos it also works as an energy efficient camera.
- This camera carries an intelligent resolution technology that identifies all the parts with outlines and with that it also identifies detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas, and optimizes the edge emphasis on the outlines and detailed texture areas while using the Venus Engine noise reduction process to make the soft gradation areas smoother.
- Image Sensor Type: Live MOS Sensor
- Total pixels:13.1 Megapixels
- Color filter: Primary color filter
- Camera Type: Digital Interchangeable Lens Camera
- Focus Type: Contrast AF system / Focus mode: AFS/AFC/MF
- AF mode: Face detection/AF Tracking/23-area-focusing/1-area-focusing /Touch(1area-focusing in Face detection/AF Tracking/Multi-area-focusing/1area-focusing)
- Color Temperature Setting: 2500-10000K in 100K
- Recording Format Still Image: JPEG (DCF, Exif 2.21), RAW, DPOF compatible
- Still Image with Audio: JPEG (DCF, Exif 2.21) + QuickTime
- Motion Image: AVCHD Lite / QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality: RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard
- LCD Monitor Type: Low temperature Polycrystalline TFT LCD with Touch panel
- Monitor size:Free-angle 3.0inch / 3:2 Aspect / Wide viewing angle
- Pixels:460K dots
- Field of view:Approx.100%
- Monitor Adjust.:Brightness(7 levels),Color (7 levels)
- Live View: DigitalZoom: 2x,4x
- ExtraOpticalZoom:Max.2x(Not effective with L size recording. Mag. ratio depends on the record. Pixels and aspect ratio.)
- Motion image: 3.1x(SH/H/L-AVCHD Lite and HD/WVGA in MotionJPEG),4.2x(VGA/QVGA in MotionJPEG)
- HDMI: miniHDMI TypeC
- Video: Auto / 1080i / 720p / 480p
- Audio: Stereo / Monaural
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 124 x 83.6 x 74mm / 4.88 x 3.29 x 2.91 in
- Weight: Approx. 593g / 20.92 oz (SD card, Battery, 14-42mm lens included)
- Approx. 810g / 28.57 oz (SD card, Battery, 45-200mm lens included)
- Approx. 371g / 13.09 oz (Body only)
- Remote Control: Remote control with bulb function by DMW-RSL1 (Optional)
From the features and specifications provided by the official platforms it can be seen that this camera is the most advance one in everything it carries. If you want to get the most advance camera for you than this one deserves to be your choice.