The field of digital photography is advancing very consistently towards some new peaks and this is because every digital device producing company is bringing more and more innovative products to attain a high status in the international markets, Olympus is one of those companies who are pretty much consistent in bringing some highly advance photography products and due to this most of the professional photographers prefers its products for their use.
In now days time of sleek and stylish cameras Olympus has also developed some highly advance slim and smart cameras which are attracting photographers along the world. In this article one of the latest slim camera by Olympus has been discussed which is the ‘Olympus E-PL1’ that is famous for being a new member of the Olympus Digital PEN series.
According to many market expert Olympus has shaken the whole digital camera world when they launched this EPL-1 which is the Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens camera because the technology used in this was one of the most innovative ones used up till that time in any of the digital camera. One of the most exciting things about this camera is the 12.3megapixel live MOS image sensor that has a capability to produce size of 4032×3024 for the photos. This camera carries a beautiful stripped-down body and a much simpler interface to the Micro Four Thirds format. The details of the functions which you can enjoy with this camera have been discussed below.
- This camera carries a 12.3 megapixel live MOS sensor which assures very powerful high quality images which allows you to capture such details which you might not have experienced before.
- It also gives you quite an enhanced playback function that allows you to add or remove fade in and fade out techniques and control the movie and speed and also add sound tracks into your stuff.
- It also allows you to capture an HD video with a speed of 30 frames per second with a high quality sound and also gives manual control over aperture and shutter speed. The direct button for HD video recording also makes all this function quite easy and simple.
- The professional photographers can also bring their artistic side while capturing the photos because of the six built in art filters and that are: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama and our new Gentle Sepia filter.
- For a quality of picture capturing this camera also carries 19 different scene-selection modes and the standard one among them are night-scene, portrait and the landscape mode.
- Another amazing feature is the PT-EP01 underwater housing which enables to capture the underwater shots for the depth up to 40 meters and the beautiful polycarbonate construction is another quality which enables it to carry this camera in water.
- Memory: SD Memory Card(SDHC compatible) Class 6 is recommended for Movie shooting
- Screen size: 17.3 mm (H) x 13.0 mm (V)
- File format: RAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW+JPEG
- Recording image size: [RAW] 4032 x 3024 pixels
- [JPEG] 4032 x 3024 pixels – 640 x 480 pixels
- Temperature: 0 – 40℃ (operation) / -20 – 60℃ (storage)
- Humidity: 30 – 90% (operation) / 10 – 90% (storage)
- Battery: BLS-1 Li-ion battery (included)
- Sleep mode: Available (1, 3, 5, 10 min., off selectable)
- Monitor: HyperCrystal LCD AR(Anti-Reflective) coating, 2.7 inches
- Dust reduction: Supersonic Wave Filter (dust reduction system for image sensor)
- Movie Mode HD: 1280(H)x720(V) Aspect 16:9
- SD: 640(H)x480(V) Aspect 4:3(VGA)
- Display of Face Detection: Max 8 frames of face detection can be displayed
This camera is thus an excellent blend of all the latest and high quality technologies which gives you the comfort and features even more than your imagination.