Olympus has a very good reputation of developing the very top class and latest technology related cameras and the company have always come up to the expectations of the customers by bringing some very unique and high class digital cameras and camcorders. The E system of Olympus has got a splendid round of a clause from the customers and the international electronics market mainly because of its DSLR capability. The digital camera which I am going to review in his article could be called as the flagship of the E series by Olympus “The E-3 DSLR camera”.
This camera has make people awaited for four years after the release of first E series camera the E-1 which was also quite well in its performance. I think four years is quite a long time when considered it as a lifetime of an electronic device but after a long delay the E-3 has made the entire world pretty satisfied and happy with its capabilities and specifications. This camera is almost completely different from its predecessor might be because of the time gap, it features a 10.1 MP lens with the world’s quickest autofocus capability. The picture quality is also very awesome with the image stabilization sensors which make sharp images even in the shaky atmosphere. Let’s see the detailed description of the features in the next section.
- This is the company’s first ever auto focus camera which at the time of release was the world’s fastest ever autofocus camera which never lets the shot to get wasted and miss the heart touching scene for your future.
- A new shutter technology has been adopted for this camera which delivers 1/8,000 seconds speed and 1/250 flash sync and an unexpected lifetime of 150,000 cycles. It has also been reported that the mirror blackout time is also very low which ensures the fastest ever speed of this camera.
- It has a 10 megapixel sensor like some other models of Olympus which gives the fastest reading speed by enabling by enabling 5fps continuous shooting.
- The back side LCD is also very remarkable which gives you the live view mode and the color contrast and resolution makes handling the controls more positively. And the brightness and easy navigation of this camera makes it a perfect choice for being the SLR camera in the market.
- It has brought first time in history the dust removing technology thus every time you start the camera the supersonic wave filter located between the shutter and the image sensor vibrates to about 30,000 times per second and blast away all the dirt.
- Type: Single-lens reflex Live View digital camera with interchangeable lens system
- Effective Pixels: 10.1 million pixels
- Image sensor size: 17.3 mm (H) x 13.0 mm (V) / 0.68 in. (H) x .512 in. (V)
- Recording format: DCF, DPOF compatible/Exif, PRINT Image Matching III
- File format: RAW (12-bit), JPEG, RAW+JPEG
- Image size: [RAW] 3648 x 2736 pixels [JPEG] 3648 x 2736 pixels – 640 x 480 pixels
- Screen Size: 2.5 inches
- Dimensions: 5.6 in. (W) x 4.58 in. (H) x 2.9 in. (D /(142.5 mm (W) x 116.5 mm (H) x 74.5 mm (D) (excluding protrusions)
- Weight: 1.79 lbs./810 g (body only)
- Battery: BLM-1 Li-ion battery (included) CR123 x 3 with LBH-1