Nikon COOLPIX S8000: A Review
When it comes to the professional photography with innovative technologies then Nikon is the name which firstly came in the mind of many photographers and even those who are not very skilled in photography. The company has recently released the latest members of COOLPIX range which are not fantastic in their shape and style but the capabilities are also unmatchable. The latest cameras which have been shown in the COOLPIX range have captured every field of photography and brought innovations for that as well. In this article a latest camera of the COOLPIX range is under review and it is the new ‘S8000’ which has been claimed to be the world’s slimmest camera with 10x zoom and with wide angle capability as well.
This camera has the ability to capture everyone’s eyes because of its slim body and the colors available are also good as it is available in black, brown and champagne silver. Along with the beauty it carries the quick response and because of the fast startup and autofocus is also gives you such fantastic results that you might not have experienced before. Some of the fantastic features which you will love about this camera are: 3-inch LCD display with minimal reflections even in the bright sunlight, 10X zoom, creative slider, 4X anti-blur technology, HDMI mini connector, Smart portrait system, smile timer, Advance flash control system and some others.
- This camera carries a very fantastic 3 inch LCD monitor that offers vivid color reproduction, sharp contrast and minimal reflections which gives you a fantastic exposure even in the sunlight.
- This camera carries the NIKKOR wide-angle 10X zoom with the extra low dispersion glass that offers sharpest ever resolution and crisp images which thus lets you capture the photo from quite a distance.
- The HD video recording with this camera is also awesome because of its ability to capture 24 frames per second.
- The main beauty of this camera are the 14.2 megapixels which lets you capture the outstanding detailed images which can also bring amazing poster-size enlargements.
- The optimum performance and maximum image quality can be achieved with the EXPEED image processing system which adjusts the brightness and contrast of the photo or video to its best fit.
- Some of the other technologies which deserved a round of applause are smile timer which can detect the smile, blink proof alerts which alert you if the eye’s blink has been captured, Skin softening technology which adjusts the uneven tones of the skin of subject, in camera red-eye fix and others.
- Effective pixels:14.2 million
- Image sensor:1/2.3 type CCD; total pixels: approx. 14.5 million
- Lens:10x zoom NIKKOR; 5.4-54.0mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 30-300mm); f/3.5-5.6; Digital zoom: up to 2x (35mm  format picture angle: 600mm)
- Monitor:7.5 cm (3-in.), approx. 921k-dot, wide-viewing angle TFT LCD with anti- reflection coating
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 100-1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 100-400, 100-800)
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied), Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62F (optional), Battery Charger MH-65 (optional)
- Focus range (from lens): 50 cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to infinity (∞), Macro mode: 1 cm (0.4 in.) to infinity (∞)
- Image size (pixels): 4320 x 3240 (14M), 4320 x 3240 (14M), 3264 x 2448 (8M), 2592 x 1944 (5M), 2048 x 1536 (3M), 1024 x 768 (PC), 640 x 480 (VGA), 4224 x 2376 (16:9)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 103.0 x 57.0 x 27.3 mm (4.1 x 2.3 x 1.1 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 183 g (6.5 oz.) with battery and SD memory card
The camera is thus a really exciting one coming from the COOLPIX’s side which not only gives you the sleek and stylish body but also the high class capabilities which might not have been experienced before with such a small camera.