Nikon is becoming the king of digital photography because of its wonderful and remarkable range of digital cameras especially the COOLPIX range which is rapidly getting some new and exciting members. From the past few months the COOLPIX range by Nikon is getting very effective enhancements by the addition of some out-class members which are not only beautiful in their design and style but also fantastic in their innovative technologies and good results. In this article the latest digital camera by the company for the COOLPIX range is under discussion and this is the ‘S6000’ which has been released at the start of this month.
The S6000 has got such a slim style that is making it the thinnest among the other cameras of this series and despite of being quite thin, this camera carries a wonderful high-power zoom original NIKKOR Lens that gives it an ability to capture photos and videos with 7X optical zoom. The pixels count of this camera is 14.2 million which is also quite well for such a camera and with that it carries very advance image stabilization technologies which gives a very beautiful look to the photo results and thus prove itself to be the best of the bests. The features which you’ll love in this camera are high-sensitivity sync, less noise, vibration reduction function while lens shift, automatic subject tracking, 2.7 inch bright TFT LCD monitor and others. The details of the features which this camera will let you enjoy with it have been discussed below so let’s have a look.
- First of all this camera carries a depth of just 25mm which makes it one of the thinnest cameras of its class despite of having a zoom lens that supports a broad shooting range from wide angle 28mm through telephoto 196mm and thus brings the ease of carrying for the user.
- It carries 14.2 million effective pixels for high-resolution images and giving you the class and quality in the results which you might not have experienced before.
- Gives an ultra fast start-up time with just 0.75 seconds and the shooting time lags of almost 0.3 seconds which just make it possible to capture any shot in anytime and thus availing the sudden photo opportunities.
- A very bright and colorful TFT LCD monitor on the back side of this camera enables managing the controls with quite an ease even in the daylight.
- A much enhanced motion detection technology which increases the shutter speed according to the motion of subject and thus gives you the sharpest and steadiest ever picture results.
- A good subject tracking technology which automatically tracks the subject of photo and maintains the focus of camera according to that and eventually gives you the sharp and clear image results.
- Effective pixels: 14.2 million
- Lens: 7x zoom NIKKOR; 5.0-35.0mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 28-196mm); f/3.7-5.6; Digital zoom: up to 2x (35mm  format picture angle: 392mm)
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 100-1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 100-400, 100-800)
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied), Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62F (optional), Battery Charger MH-65 (optional)
- Monitor: 2.7-in., approx. 230k-dot, wide-viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
- Weight: Approx. 156 g (5.5 oz.) with battery and SD memory card
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 97.0 x 55.5 x 25.0 mm (3.9 x 2.2 x 1.0 in.) excluding projections
- Battery life: Approx. 210 shots with EN-EL12 battery
- Supplied accessories: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR), USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP19, Software Suite CD-ROM
This is thus a very fantastic new camera from Nikon which not only gives you the style and design but also the capabilities which you’ll love about this camera.