Nikon COOLPIX P100: A Review
Nikon is very popular in the news now days because of its recent release of the fantastic COOLPIX range, the total seven camera have been revealed by the company as the New Year gift for the customers and the camera are just awesome in both capabilities and beauty. Nikon has always remained as the first priority for the professional photographers because of the reliability and high class quality of its products and the company is very consistent in bringing the latest technologies in its products. In this article I am going to review another marvel from the new COOLPIX range the ‘COOLPIX P100’ which is as solid in its features as its shape and style.
It is a very high performance model brought from the company which gives you an effective pixel count of 10.3 million along with the extra ordinary optical zoom of 26x. This camera features a very exciting NIKKOR lens which is covering broad focal range of 26mm through super telephoto 678mm. The internal technologies of this camera are also awesome which gives some really effective results to the photos and make them as clearer and sharper that you might never have experienced before. The details of the other feature of this amazing camera are given below.
- The main and most remarkable feature of this camera is the 26x zoom with focal range of 26mm which enables the camera to take the clearest and closest ever photo no matter how far you are standing from the subject.
- It is also equipped with the facility of full HD video recording with stereo sound that helps you in storing the memories very effectively and the results can be enjoyed on any high definition TV.
- This camera is also equipped with a CMOS sensor with a very effective backside illumination structure that increases the amount of light which each pixel receives thus results in the perfectly bright and contrasted picture.
- It has a very advance night landscape mode which enables the camera to automatically capture several images and then combines them to create a single optimized photo. Thus a beautiful night landscape can be captures with low bur and noise effects.
- It has got an advance image sensor shift technology which gives a high level of compensations for the camera’s shake by moving the sensor in the direction that rectifies the shift from the optical axis.
- It carries the Nikon’s own BSS (best shot selector) which shoots series of frames and then saves the one which gets the sharpest focus.
- Effective pixels: 10.3 million
- Lens: 26x zoom NIKKOR; 4.6-120mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 26-678mm); f/2.8-5; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 2712mm)
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 160, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Auto (auto gain from ISO 160 to 800), High ISO Sensitivity auto (ISO 160 to 1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 160-200, 160-400)
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL5 (supplied), Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62A (optional), Battery Charger MH-61 (optional)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 114.4 x 82.7 x 98.6 mm (4.5 x 3.3 x 3.9 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 481 g (17.0 oz.) with battery and SD memory card
- Monitor: 3-in., approx. 460k-dot, vari-angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating, Electronic Viewfinder, 0.24-in., approx. 230k-dot
- Focus range (from lens): Approx. 50 cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to infinity (∞), Macro close-up mode: Approx. 1 cm (0.4 in.) to infinity (∞)
This is thus a really fantastic new camera by Nikon which can bring professional photographic capabilities to you and the handling of controls with this camera have been made more enhanced so that everyone can get benefits from the capabilities of this amazing camera.