Maruti Suzuki remains one of the most trusted names in the automobile industry in India and every vehicle that they launch goes through lot of scrutiny because there are many buyers that would like to get their hands on the latest models that is launched in the market. Maruti recently decided to bring out something different for the consumers and then the company launched Maruti Ertiga that has become one of the top vehicles in the MPV segment in the country. Although, there are many other family vehicles but Maruti Ertiga is soon becoming the new definition for family vehicles in India that offers more space and seats.
- Maruti Ertiga is designed by car designers from Japan and therefore it has an exclusive look to it which makes the car look premium from the outside. It offers similar appearance to Swift from the front and Ritz from the rear side.
- On the front fascia buyers will find a large front grille with better headlamps that curve with the design. The air inlet between the bumper offers it a bigger look from the front end and enclosures have the fog lights.
- The size of the vehicle is almost similar to Mahindra Xylo or Toyota Innova but the length of the vehicle is shorter than both the vehicles while Maruti has focused on the roof which is higher.
- Maruti Ertiga may be really good when it comes to seven seats that offer more space to the passengers but it does not do well in terms of comfort. The vehicle is designed for bigger families and for the cargo that they carry along but the interior of the vehicle is not very spacious at all.
- The light weight materials used in the interior of the vehicle make the car look premium when you take a first look but the premium quality materials are missing from it. The 60-40 rear seats allow passengers to cut down the space and offer more space to the luggage as and when required. The roof mounted AC vents on the rear offer better cooling to the rear passengers but the boot space is just not enough for Indian conditions.
- The dashboard remains similar to various other vehicles like Swift and Ritz and therefore there is nothing premium offered by Maruti to keep the overall price tag low.
- Maruti always offers lot of engine options to the consumers and therefore Maruti Ertiga is available in both diesel and petrol variants. The petrol version of the vehicle offers 1.4 liter K Series engine with VVT that offers displacement of 1373 cc and offers peak power of 93.7 bhp and peak torque of 130 Nm.
- While the diesel engine vehicle is powered by 1.3 liter turbo diesel engine with DDiS that offers displacement of 1248cc. Both petrol and diesel engine vehicles have five speed manual transmission. The petrol variant of Maruti Ertiga offers 16.2 kmpl while the diesel version offers 20.77 kmpl.
- Maruti Ertiga is priced at Rs. 6,22,955 and above in the Indian market.