Apple’s latest third generation iPhone 3G S dropping in stores on June 19, 2009. An improved addition of iPhone 3G. The all new iPHONE 3G S is available in two versions with 16GB and 32GB of memory. Both versions are available in black and white colors. The iPhone 3G S where “S” stands for speed have some stunning features that makes it better than the iPhone 3G and of course also have some drawbacks that needs to be improved. Lets have a review of these features
When it comes to design the iPhone 3G S have same looks as the previous edition but slightly heavier that older one. Both versions are available in white and black colors. The display supports fingerprint-resistant oleo phobic coating. Dimensions are same and both the iPhones are sharing the same menu interface.
The iPhone 3G S has improved its camera resolution to 3.0 mega pixels with a new addition of “tap to focus”. With this feature u can focus on any point with a square on the screen and iPhone itself will adjust the white balance, color, contrast, and exposure. And the bad thing about the camera is that it still lacks the flash. So still need some improvement.
For the first time in history of iPhones, the iPhone 3G S is provided with video recording of VGA quality with camera shoots of 30 frames per second. The video can be edited right away on the display. Tap to focus feature is also provided in video recording. Overall the video quality is not upto standards however these videos can be directly uploaded via POP3 services.
Apple finally has added voice controls to its new iPhone 3G S. now you can call your contacts by saying there name. Voice control is activated by holding down the home key until the voice control feature appears. This feature is speaker-independent so more precise.
The new iPhone 3G S is provided with a digital compass which can be opened directly from the home screen with a single touch. The digital compass points to magnetic north as like typical compass and also show instruction for movements on interference. The compass also interacts with Google maps which can be opened with a single touch to bull’s eye on left bottom of the screen and u can know where you are.
Updates in iPhone 3G S:
Apple finally have added some features to its new iPhone 3G S which other cell phones are having it as standards like multimedia messaging, voice control, video recording.
- Battery timing is really improved .Talk time: Up to 600 min
- An updated OS 3.0 which supports many features like MMS, stereo
- Cut, copy and paste features with single touch
- Support for iPod.
- Landscape keyboard by simply changing the position of the phone.
- Spotlight that helps in identifying the files
Lacks in iPhone 3G S:
- Flash light
- USB transfer and storage
- Call quality
- Signal reception
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 2.4 in x 0.5 in x 4.6 in
- Weight 4.8 oz
- Built-in devices Camera , Digital player
- Color Black
- OS provided Apple Mac OS X 10.4.11
- Software included iTunes 8.2 or later
- Flash memory installed 32 GB
- Internet Browser Yes
- GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) Yes
- Mobile Email Yes
- Supported Email Protocols POP3 , IMAP4
- Messaging / Data Features PDF support , Microsoft Word support , Microsoft Excel support
- Cellular technology WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM
- Band / mode WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Phone style Candy bar
- Antenna Internal
- Wireless Interface IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g , Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
- Conference Call Capability Yes
- Speakerphone Yes
- Polyphonic Ringer Yes
- Additional Features aGPS , Integrated digital compass
- Digital player supported digital audio standards AAC , MP3 , WAV , AIFF
- Display type 3.5 in TFT active matrix
- Max resolution 480 x 320
- Battery installed (max) Lithium ion
- Max supported batteries 1
- Talk time Up to 600 min
- Standby time Up to 300 h
Wireless connectivity Bluetooth 2.0, 802.11 b/g Wireless