Apple Macbook Pro A1286; A Review
The latest 15” MacBook pro resembles its predecessor, as it has the same solid aluminum body enclose with the indented thumb scoop for opening the lid. It has the same huge touch pad and the same buttons so that the tapping and swiping the touch pad could be more comfortable rather than depressing the buttons.
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors.
- Supported resolutions; 1440 by 900 (native
- MagSafe power port.
- Gigabit Ethernet port.
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps).
- Mini DisplayPort.
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps).
- SD card slot.
- Audio line in.
- Audio line out.
- Kensington lock slot.
- Built-in iSight camera.
- Mini DisplayPort.
- Built-in stereo speakers.
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille).
- Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in (minijack).
- Combined optical digital audio output/audio line out (minijack).
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display.
- Arsenic-free display glass.
- PVC-free internal cables.
- Reduced packaging volume.
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements.
- Rated EPEAT Gold.
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible.
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate).
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector).
- 250GB, 320GB or 500GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 320GB or 500GB 7200-rpm hard drive, or 128GB or 256GB solid-state drive4.
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW).
It has Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap and drag capabilities and Built-in full-size backlit keyboard.
In the 15-inch MacBook Pro, Apple has abandoned replaceable batteries in favor of the same battery technology hat it introduced earlier this year for the 17-inch MacBook Pro–a larger, flatter, more compact, and longer-lasting lithium-polymer battery. The new battery contains a chip that monitors things like charge level and temperature, and communicates this information to the computer. According to Apple, the technology’s ability to determine and maintain the optimal charging.
The new model’s glossy screen is better than ever, offering 60 percent greater color gamut than earlier MacBook Pros. The display uses LED (backlight technology for better on-screen color accuracy, too.
Unique Selling Point:
- Good battery and Performance.
- Bootable SD card slot.
- No ExpressCard slot.
- Nonremovable battery.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro sports a faster processor in its high-end version, higher RAM capacity, a larger solid-state drive option, a longer-life battery, an improved display, and an SD memory-card slot–all at a lower price.