10 Interesting Facts About Television
Interesting Facts about Television
2. A 103-inch plasma TV from Panasonic is the largest plasma TV currently available in the market, costing approximately around $70,000 .
3. By the time the American child reaches 14, on an average they have seen around 11,000 murders on television.
4. The television advertisement first broadcasted on 1st July, 1941 in New York. The advertisement was for Bulova Watch for 20 seconds. It was aired before a game of baseball played between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Brooklyn Dodgers. The cost of air buy during that time was only $9.
5. In 2008, the cost of 30 seconds advertisement was $2.7 million in the Super Bowl broadcast. It is the world’s most costly airtime.
6. NASA has announced that they have lost all of their original tapes of Apollo 11’s TV transmission in August, 2006.
8. Sony began selling VCRs in 1970 that was capable of recording the television shows. However, Sony was sued by the film studios for copyright piracy. Later on, the Supreme Court backed Sony.
9. Queen Elizabeth II has launched her own YouTube channel after fifty years when she first address for the Christmas to the public of UK.
10. Nearly 36 percent mobile phone users can now watch the video beamed straight in their phones and the trend is still rising.